Monday, May 16, 2011

Kentucky Derby Affair

Photobucket
Attention hosts & hostesses. All the hopeless hostess posts received a stylish new make-over & updates before moving to www.ColorMeCourtney.com. Click here to check them out & refer to Color Me Courtney from now on!
How to plan a Kentucky Derby Party
Last week I graduated from Arizona State University (woo) So to celebrate, my family and I hosted a Graduation Party ... Derby Style

You're Invited:
Here is a copy of the invitation sent out to all the guests. Like always, I created my own e-vite and sent them via: www.punchbowl.com 


The Details:
The theme and idea of this party was simple, an open house where friends and family could come and go as they please. There was only one requirement: dress in theme!

The Dinning&Drinks:
Like always, we had way to much food, mostly finger foods! For appetizers we had: shrimp cocktail, fruit kabobs, veggies, cumber boats filled with creme cheese and salmon, cheese and crackers, pigs in a blanket, and lady bug crackers: crackers topped with a creamy spread, tomatoes and olives; and for desserts: brownie pops, strawberry cupcakes topped with strawberries, fun-fetti cupcakes topped with blue frosting and umbrellas, carrot cake "you did it" cupcakes (cause horses love carrots) topped with trophies, lemon bars, chocolate sheet cake, chocolate moose served over a vanilla wafer with whipped cream topping and strawberry cookies. For drinks we served punch and lemonade. 

The Dress:
Most of the females in attendance wore party dresses and large, festive hats of course! I personally wore a green dress, white gloves and a purple hat!

for more information on my outfit, check out my fashion blog: Courtney's Closet

The Decor:
To decorate we went with a pink and orange theme, pulling pops of color in everywhere. For table runners we used fake grass, and to create a derby feel wrapped our utensils to look like carrots. 

The Games:
There were a few options we could have used for party games, but I picked one of my childhood favorites (yes I know, we played this as children? swanky...) Croquet!
 

Lets Party:

Big Thanks:
My mother and grandma worked way too hard in order to ensure I had a great party expierence. A big thank you to them for doing the majoirty of the work and pulling this whole thing together!

No comments:

Post a Comment